A new era of SEO with schema.org
Launched in 2011 by Google, Yahoo! and Bing, Schema.org is a universal collection of schemas to describe the content on the web. It helps search engines to better understand what the pages of your sites are about (e.g. recipe, news article, blog post) and what kind of information particular HTML elements contain (title, headline, picture of the author, or body of an article). Once they're able to break down the information of your web pages, search engines are able to provide richer experience to end users. For example, Rich Snippets offer more attractive results on SERPs and bring more traffic to your site. Google Now can show you relevant events near your location based on your interests, or remind you that it is time to leave to catch your flight.
This session will show:
- What is schema.org and what are the benefits it brings
- How schema.org is integrated in Drupal 8
- How to use schema.org on Drupal 8 and Drupal 7
- What tools are available to validate your site
- Examples from the wild where schema.org is used