Know your teams, Know your customers - Deliver in multicultural environments.
Managing developers and serving customers all around the globe could be very challenging.
This goes for outsourcing projects to developing countries, to onboarding developers from different countries.
Nowadays, cultural differences become more critical aspects of an organization globally-- multicultural team and multicultural customers. Statistics say that 6 out of 10 projects fail due to cultural difference. Cultural difference has a great impact on business activity for any organization.
A cross culture competent organization can increase their business activities and facilitates to become more effective at team and customer level. On the other hand, failure in managing cultural differences can lead to project failure and also restricts the business activity within the smaller area.
In this session, you will learn
- What is Intercultural management?
- Dimensions of studying cultural difference.
- How an organization can become cross culture competent and can make a business around the globe.
Also, a couple of examples ( from US, UK, France & India) which would clearly show how cross-cultural competencies are important to build a productive team and also serving the customers globally.
- How different members in the project team has different perception and are bound to different cultural tastes?
- What are their perception of the time, quality and the commitments?
- How they behave in a complex situation (Power Distance, Individualism, Uncertainty Avoidance).
- Relationships, Trusts, Contexts, and Control.