PHP debugging and more, a practical guide
Debugging PHP can be quite fun, if you just know how to. But what happens when you need to go beyond that? This session will give you tips on how to think like a debugger and go in depth on debugging PHP and related services using very useful but not often explored techniques, like GDB, filesystem monitoring, system call tracing and more.
- How to debug PHP the quick, dirty way with devel;
- How to debug PHP with an IDE and xdebug;
- How to debug your PHP process in real time with strace, sysdig and similar tools;
- How to debug and monitor SQL in real time;
- How to debug and monitor HTTP traffic in real time;
- Tools that can help you debug more easily remotely and in production.
You're going to leave this session being able to dig through any problems you face on a general application!