Automated Web Testing with Selenium
Every software development group tests its products, yet delivered software always has defects. Test engineers strive to catch them before the product is released but they always creep in and they often reappear, even with the best manual testing processes. Automated software testing is the best way to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and coverage of your software testing.
In the session we will learn how to automate web applications for testing purposes. Drupal web-based administration tasks can (and should!) also be automated as well.
- Introduction to Selenium - Open Source Testing tool
- Comparison between other available commercial and open source tools
- Importance of Selenium for Automation over different tools
- Advantage of selecting best and user compatible language for scripting.
- Advantage of working with every browser.
- Selenium Framework and how it works.
- Setting up selenium infrastructure for testing.
- Demo of building a test script with recording and playback feature using Selenium IDE
- Demo of building an Integrated Selenium Test using Selenium Webdriver for Testing
- Writing maintainable and reusable Selenium test scripts for regressions
- Lastly we will talk about some of the limitations of Selenium.
By the end of this session, you will learn how important it is to do automated web testing and how you can save cost / time using one of the automated tools like Selenium.