Back to the Front(end): State of Drupal theming
In the modern web, keeping your Frontend skills up-to-date is a challenge, especially if you don't specialize in Frontend Development. Comparing to Backend, things are changing really quickly. But one thing remains unchanged: Frontend technologies are responsible for the face of a website and it's up to us to make it look old wrinkly or fresh and attractive.
At this session, I would like to talk about Frontend essentials and Drupal theming basics. The session will cover:
- How to spin up your modern responsive Drupal theme in 2016
- Which Frontend Development tools to use and why
- What's new in upcoming realizes of popular base themes
- How to stay up-to-date in the world of Frontend
Who is the session for:
- Drupal Backend developers who need an update on a topic
- Newcomers who are interested in Drupal theme development
- Anyone who considered it's !important
Most of session materials are version agnostic but some of them are tailored to Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 specifically.
P.S. The title was initially inspired by Back to the Frontend, a nice HTML5 showcase website.