Boost up your Drupal development with Docker
Environment portability is increasingly getting popular. And Docker being relatively new is rapidly growing that allows to create very light “virtual machines”. The idea behind Docker is to create portable lightweight containers for software applicationsthat can be run on any machine with Docker installed.
As an engineering team we wanted to speed up our developer onboarding and automate the stuff so that any new developer can set up a running environment within 10-15 minutes. Our main intention was faster developer local instance setup i.e. to get started with any new project and consistent environment across all instances.
What will be covered in this session?
- What is Docker and How it is different from other Virtualisation tools like Vagrant or VMs.
- Understanding the basics of Dockers.
- Setup a Docker environment.
- Setup a complete virtual environment for your Drupal site using Docker
- How to use the Docker environment to development your Drupal site.
Who should attend it?
Anyone who works in Drupal can attend this session.