Decoupled Drupal and the Front End
What are some of the implications of this newly decoupled world for front-end Drupal developers and designers working with Drupal? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of decoupling? This session will examine some of the trends and new ideas emerging from the Drupal community and others, but it will also frame decoupled Drupal against the backdrop of the rapidly changing front-end ecosystem, considering the impacts in such areas as Web Components, Drupal's theme layer, and presentation as a whole.
Here's what we'll dive into:
- A brief retrospective of content management
- Why (not) go headless?
- Managing content and headless Drupal
- Decoupled out of the box with Drupal 8
- Integrating with frameworks (e.g. Angular.js, Ember.js)
- Integrating with native applications
- Progressively decoupled Drupal
- The future of the Drupal theme layer
- The future of front-end Drupal