Drupal 8 Theming with Twig and SASS
In Drupal 8 Twig replaced PHPTemplate as the default template engine. Twig along with SASS which is a meta-language on top of CSS shares the same motivation as the Symfony initiative: to adopt a modern, powerful, OOP-based engine. SASS not only provides a simpler, more elegant syntax for CSS but also implements various features that are useful for creating manageable stylesheets.
In this session we will learn about -
- Changes made in the theme system for Drupal 8
- Introduction of Twig & SASS
- What’s new in Twig as compared to other template engines.
- How to use Twig as a template engine using custom templates and hooks.
- Creating SASS based sub-theme using base theme & Twig.
- A new way to theme in Drupal 8 where everything is achieved using variables, mixins and css along with custom templates.
At the end of this session you'll have a better understanding of Twig and SASS and learn about this new and beautiful way to theme in Drupal 8.