Modern Performance Best Practices
Join this tutorial for a practical introduction to modern performance best practices for web apps. We will dive into the latest tools and best practices for launching an ideal end-user experience. Find out how you can leverage Chrome Developer Tools, Google PageSpeed, and WebPageTest to get started improving your applications.
- Why web performance matters
- Common performance best practices – dive into PageSpeed Rules + look at sitespeed.io
- A refactoring example – we will have an interactive refactoring session of an existing app to reach an ideal pagespeed score
- Discuss common tools that automate these techniques (ngx_pagespeed, vwo, yottaa, etc)
- Dive into WebPageTest to show how to test web performance
- Recap best practices and follow up with resources