a new romance: Drupal and Docker
Work on your Drupal site on your laptop, then move the whole thing somewhere else, e.g. to the cloud. Simple.
This presentation, to be delivered by a Drupal Sysadmin who - believe it or not - is not an introvert and actually likes people, will show you:
- what docker is and why you want to use it,
- how easy it is to start.
You might learn a few cool things you will love, e.g.
- how to commit the state of your whole Drupal site, including the database (!), before updating your code, a module or the core. In case something goes wrong, simply roll back with one command,
- how to develop on your laptop, running the same LAMP stack you have in production, without actually installing the stack,
- how to start multiple instances of your site under one second,
- how to copy the whole Drupal site you are running on your laptop to your server,
- how to spin up a solr or elasticsearch server in no time and use it from your Drupal site,
- and a few more, hopefully.