Grants and Scholarships
About the Grant and Scholarship Program
We realize attending DrupalCon is a dream for many, which is why we are happy to offer opportunities for grants and scholarships to help cover costs to attend DrupalCon. Please read the information below about the two awards, the requirements, the selection process and then apply.
- Scholarships and grants are limited to one (1) per person per calendar year.
- Recipients who have received four (4) scholarships or grants in the past will not be eligible for one (1) year following their fourth award.
- If a scholarship or grant recipient has already received a free DrupalCon ticket as a track chair, speaker, trainer, etc., he/she is not eligible to receive another ticket as part of the scholarship/grant benefits.
The selection criteria for grants focus on the importance of the applicant to the Drupal project and code as a whole. Are you contributing code to the project? Are you attending or organizing code sprints or serving as a mentor? Then this is the right category for you. Please share some examples of your contribution and let us know how DrupalCon Vienna will help you advance the Drupal project.
Scholarships are awarded based on the impact or influence the applicant has in his/her home region's Drupal community and Drupal adoption. Are you supporting your local community by organizing camps, meetups or other events? Are you training or mentoring promising Drupal talent in an underserved market? Or do you promote Drupal in your home region and help form useful partnerships? Then you should apply for a scholarship. Please give examples of your local initiatives and let us know how your presence at DrupalCon Vienna would make a difference.
Who makes the selection?
Although the funds are managed by the Drupal Association, the award recipients are determined by a global team of community members who make the selection. This team changes with each Con.
What is required of recipients?
If you are selected to attend, you will be awarded a full or partial grant or scholarship based on your selections below and our total award budget.
In exchange, we ask that you:
- meet any deadlines set by our Coordinators
- follow any provided purchasing or reimbursement instructions
- volunteer 4 or more hours onsite at DrupalCon Vienna (general volunteering or mentoring at sprints)
Please do not take acceptance of this award lightly. If you accept the offer and spend community funds, but then are unable to attend the conference, you will be ineligible from receiving a grant or scholarship in the future.