Continuously Test Your Drupal Distribution
Presentation - PDF version
Everyone dreams about own Drupal Distribution within team or company. And a lot of us were working on own distribution because there are a lot of benefits in this. However at some point it’s really important to keep the distribution stable and usable, even though you have limited resources and it’s being used on various projects.
Continuous Testing may help you to do so! We are doing this for the OpenY Distribution and we want to share our experience and show you our setup of CI that automates a lot of things.
I’m going to tell you a story how to get from the first commit to the sustainable distribution that will be covered by various tests. Sessions based on own experience are definitely more interesting and fun, so I guarantee that you won't have any regrets about joining us that day.
In this session I'm going to cover:
- How many environments do you really need to cover major parts of the distribution
- Why do we need vanilla build, Upgrade Path build and build for installation steps
- How we trigger behat tests
- How we check code for standards and sniffers
- How we apply accessibility sniffers
- How lazy builders helps us to speed up the development process
- Yeah! We developed tests to check every single module in the distribution for decoupling
- How to integrate Test Drived Development using Unit Tests on live database
From this session you’ll have everything in order to not only build the distribution, but also keep it stable, decoupled and well tested. Technical people - welcome to attend!