Making content editors happy in Drupal 8 with Entity Browser
Have you ever wanted a standardized, flexible and pluggable solution for creating sites that allow:
- Uploading multiple images / files at once
- Selecting and re-using an image / file already present on the server
- Using an arbitrary view as Media gallery or Content gallery for your editors
- Creating related content without having to exit the main content form
Entity Browser is a Drupal 8 contrib module that was created to solve these common needs in a generic and flexible architecture. While this allows for powerful tools and workflows to be implemented, the price is often an increased learning curve about how to properly configure and fine-tune it for the different use cases.
In this session we will:
- Explain the basic architecture of the module, and how to take advantage of its plugin-based approach to extend and customize it.
- See how to configure it from scratch to solve different use-cases, including some pitfalls that often occur on that process.
- Check what we can copy or re-use from other contrib modules.
- Explore some possible integrations with other parts of the Media ecosystem.
Although not mandatory, the audience of this session is expected to have basic site-building experience with Drupal 8, allowing them to follow along the demos and configuration steps more easily.