Using Drupal to build Digital Signage solutions
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities is currently building an Internet of Things driven state of the art downtown facility. As part of this project, we are assisting them in developing an omnichannel system for managing content that includes both marketing material and data from third-party systems across digital signage, web, and mobile experiences.
In this session, I will focus on the web-integrated digital signage system for displaying content on digital signage. In this system, we are using the Open Y Drupal distribution to serve as a proxy between resources that provide data about scheduled activities and to manage that content as well as to supplement it with both marketing content and time and location sensitive messaging.
In this session I will talk about:
- Business goals and Use Cases - The YMCA is an evolving organization with a wide variety of needs, from member services to marketing, to wellness promotion. With a new facility and new capabilities, we can only predict a portion of the messaging needs that the YMCA will have in-branch.
- Software and Hardware components used to build this solution.
- Integrations with 3rd party services used while developing this solution.
- Architecture - Because of the fundamental lack of control we have over third party services, a strong, flexible architecture that can cover a wide variety of use cases and adapt to changes in data format and service availability is necessary.
- Implementation - I will demonstrate how everything comes together and show what you need to implement it, add your own features, and adapt it to new use cases.
After session attendees will learn how Drupal could be used for creating Digital Signage solutions. It should be beneficial for technical people as well as for business.
Presentation slides - https://www.slideshare.net/DmitryDrozdik/drupalcon-using-drupal-to-build-digital-signage-solutions