The yearly update of the phpunit initiative
After officially launching the PHPUnit initiative on 2016-11-05 we made a huge amount of progress:
- We tried to convert many tests by simply moving and renaming them in an automated way. This moved 30% of the tests over “without” any hassle
- After that we work on conversion per module base
- We identify common problems and extract them into their own issue
- We added extensive BC layer to make conversions as painless as possible
- Show the graph with the number of test types since 8.1.0 from the website, everybody loves a good graph
- Expanded core dev team interested in conversion.
This is how you can help:
- Improve documentation.
- Upgrade path tests conversion.
- Reduce random fails in js Tests.
- Remove webtest craft once conversion are done.
- Update phpunit library.
- Help contrib module
- Better UI
- Parallel runner
- Deprecate the WebTest
- Deprecate simpletest
- Coverage reports
- JS testing in js
- JS functional testing.
- JS unit testing.
- JS test runner.
- Selenium webdriver
- PhantomJS webdriver
- Headless Drupal testing.
- Headless chrome driver.
- Headless firefox driver.
- runtest.sh to symfony console command.
When & Where
Tuesday, 26 September, 2017 - 13:35 to 14:00