This page is a listing of the many resources available for speakers presenting at DrupalCon.
Speaker Presentation Templates
Speakers can download various formats of our branded slide decks from this folder.
If you choose not to use the branded slides, we request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- title slide
- speaker slide
- sprint reminder slide
- feedback slide
Speakers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks. We encourage speakers wishing to present audio/video files or demos to store these files locally on your laptop, rather than relying on an internet connection, which can sometimes fail.
What to Bring
- Your laptop with session slides in 16:9 aspect ratio
- Please make sure you start with a title slide so our archive team can capture it!
- USB flash/thumb drive with your session slides (just in case!)
- Video adapter/dongle from your laptop to HDMI-female (only if your laptop does NOT have an HDMI output) - See drawing for more detail info
- Your laptop's power adapter with a “Type F” type plug
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What We'll Provide
- Screen in 16:9 format
- HDMI cable connected to projector
- Power supply (Note: Please make sure you have the right electrical adaptor). Vienna power sockets are "type F”.
- Microphone connected to the podium from where you will be speaking
- Q&A Mic on stand in the audience
- Audio connection at podium for your laptop
- Shared conference wifi
- A member of our AV team to help make sure you're all set up
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does your conference have a Code of Conduct?
Yes! All speakers have agreed to our Code of Conduct when submitting a session as part of our Speaker Agreement. You can find our full conference Code of Conduct here on our website, and it will also be available in print on-site.
How long are sessions?
At DrupalCon Vienna we are offering both 25-minute and 60-minute sessions. The Q&A portion of each session should fit into that time limit.
How are speakers compensated?
One speaker per session will receive a ticket to attend DrupalCon.
Since revenue from DrupalCon is used to fund the Drupal project and Drupal.org initiatives we are unable to provide for speaker's travel expenses or offer a speaker fee outside of our Speaker Inclusion Fund.
Is there a special room for speakers to prepare to speak?
Yes! We are providing a speaker room for speakers to relax, grab a coffee, and mentally prepare to present.
We record your session audio and slides and post the resulting video to your session node (generally within a few hours of delivery.) Your video will also be posted to the Drupal Association's YouTube channel. For details, view our Media Policy.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancelation.