Drupal 7 - Internationalisation for custom enterprise environment.
Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. Having 16 offices around the globe, no wonder, that our website is localized to 11 languages and has 18 locales.
According with our internal business needs we implemented custom solution, that overrides/extends standard i18n featues. During solving many problems we get experience, that can be interesting and helpful to anyone, who work with huge multi-language environments.
During bof session we're going to discuss following topics:
- Localization flow based on XLIFF (XML Localization Interchange File Format) format and customisation of TMGMT module.
- Language iheritance and custom currency inheritance
- Extending global language variable and provide full-featured front-end support
- Currency and price fallback with custom price fields
- Custom tokens for translatable string with context provided
- Entity Metadata Wrappers for translatable fields