This page is a listing of the many resources available for speakers presenting at DrupalCon.
Speaker Presentation Templates
Speakers can download various formats of our branded slide decks from this folder.
If you choose not to use the branded slides, we request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- title slide
- speaker slide
- sprint reminder slide
- feedback slide
Speakers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks. We encourage speakers wishing to present audio/video files or demos to store these files locally on your laptop, rather than relying on an internet connection, which can sometimes fail.
What to Bring
- Your laptop with session slides in 16:9 aspect ratio
- Please make sure you start with a title slide so our archive team can capture it!
- USB flash/thumb drive with your session slides (just in case!)
- Video adapter/dongle from your laptop to HDMI-female (only if your laptop does NOT have an HDMI output)
- Your laptop's power adapter with a “Type G” type plug
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What We'll Provide
- Screen in 16:9 format
- HDMI cable connected to projector
- Power supply (Note: Please make sure you have the right electrical adaptor). Dublin power sockets are "type G”.
- Podium Mic
- Audience Mic on stand
- Audio connection at podium for your laptop
- Shared conference wifi
- A member of our AV team to help make sure you're all set up
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long are sessions?
General sessions are 60 minutes and should include 10-15 minutes for audience Q+A. Some sessions may run at 15 minute and 30 minute increments so check the track description.
How are speakers compensated?
One speaker per session will receive a ticket to attend DrupalCon. Additional speakers will receive a code for early-bird ticket pricing.
Since revenue from DrupalCon is used to fund the Drupal project and Drupal.org initiatives we are unable to provide for speaker's travel expenses or offer a speaker fee. We do, however, offer grants and scholarships which speakers who need financial assistance to attend the event are encouraged to apply for before 6 July.
Is there a special room for speakers to prepare to speak?
Yes! We are providing a speaker room for speakers to relax, grab a coffee, and mentally prepare to present.
We record your session audio and slides and post the resulting video to your session node (generally within a few hours of delivery.) Your video will also be posted to the Drupal Association's YouTube channel. For details, view our Media Policy.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.