Combining Powers: how we used internal and external dev teams to build the UCLA Library website
The UCLA Library website was long overdue for a refresh. As such, the requirements were extensive and most things were needed for a successful launch. What's more, the internal development team at UCLA needed insight into the development of the site so they could take over maintenance once the site had launched. In this session, Adrian Rollett, Technical Lead for Bluespark, and Gary Thompson, Project Manager Digital Initiatives & Information Technology at UCLA Library, review how we integrated the two development teams to build the new UCLA Library website.
Topics we will cover include:
- How to prepare for the integration
- Cross-team training and development
- How features were divvied up between teams
- Challenges each team faced
- Lessons learned from the team integration