Composer: To Infinity and Beyond!
If you know anything about Drupal 8, you'll know that there's a Symfony going on in the basement. What you might not know, is that a Composer is orchestrating all of the parts in one harmonious piece of beautiful music.
From the person who brought you a user-editable composer file and the maintainer of Composer Vendor Autoload comes a session entirely about, you guessed it, Composer.
In this season, we'll learn:
- What Composer is.
- How you can use Composer in any PHP project
- The best practices when using Composer with Git
- How Symfony uses Composer
- Using Composer with Drupal 8
- Using Composer with Drupal 7 and the differences between the available solutions.
- How Drupal will (hopefully) use it in the future.
The only thing you'll need is enough wit to run commands on the command line, and a basic understanding of PHP.
Coding and Development