Content + eCommerce in Japan: using Drupal to renew Lush digital experience
In 2014, UK-based handmade cosmetics company, Lush, anticipated a busy holiday season for its eCommerce business in Japan. There was also a trend indicating that the market share for mobile transactions in Japan was increasing as well. Lush Japan knew it’s existing web content management system wasn’t equipped to meet these needs, so the company sought a new platform, ultimately adding Drupal Commerce to its solution portfolio.
Join CI&T team at this session as share how Drupal helped bring Lush's eCommerce+Content strategy to lushjapan.com, while still maintaining a consistent global brand look & feel and user experience.
The challenges involved:
- Deliver in less than 4 months;
- Leverage an existing distribution (build for Lush UK) and customize it
- Integrate with an existing Japanese OMS
- Localize the solution to Japan specific needs in Japan
- Migrate content/product information from the existing platform
- Support specific operation management workflows
We will also share a bit of the "under the hood" insights, including the modules used, challenges for localization, integration, and migration, plus the overall architecture.
At the end, we'll also have covered:
- The business outputs for Lush Japan
- Lessons learned when bringing a "western" distribution to "the east"
- The state of Drupal in Japan/Asia and how you can (and should!) get involved