Enterprise-grade D7 builds, just in time for Drupal 8
We would like to demonstrate our automated development and build tools; in the process showing smart ideas for the next few months of D7 and nice-to-haves for developing in Drupal 8.Overview
At Commercial Progression, we strive to build Drupal  sites where every page element is a block, every Views row is a rendered entity, every displayed piece of an entity is a field (or field-like), and the configuration, theming, and other pieces all adhere to stringent standards. We spent years honing our in-house processes to make D7 truly hum.
With Drupal 8 on the cusp of release, we'd like to demonstrate what we've learned about quickly developing and deploying Drupal 7 sites.
"Why?", you might ask. The benefits of such a talk are twofold:
- There's still a little bit of time left to develop Drupal 7 sites
- The same things will be beneficial when Drupal 8 is ready
In this session we will cover:
- Shell script utils for quick local environment setup
- Features workflow automation
- Custom/Features structure for maintainability
- Zero-to-site tooling
- Git aliases and other premature optimizations