How do we encourage repeat contributions to Drupal Core?
We are awesome at helping people make their first contribution: creating an issue, manually trying a patch, improving a patch, updating issue summaries, etc. But, we could greatly improve our success rate at getting those people to continue a pattern of contributing.
We will present data on
- Time from first comment on a core issue to first core patch
- Average response time for getting reviews
We will discuss
- Why people who consistently contribute are so important
- Encouraging contributions
- Give recognition for their first contribution
- Changes to remove barriers to *repeat* contributions
- Integrating sustainable contribution time for employees into business costs
When & Where
Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 - 14:15 to 15:15
518 - Trellon