Managing your Content: And not letting it manage you
How do I ensure that my Drupal project will be successful? How can I translate my client's needs into a useful set of specifications for our Drupal implementation? What should I know about Drupal before I adopt it as my CMS?
Whether you’re a potential Drupal user, a Drupal developer, or a project manager, if you have ever pondered any of those questions, this session is for you.
This session will start by exploring the most important question of all: what is Drupal? Building on that foundation, this session will cover several other relevant topics for any Drupal stakeholder:
- Why is it important to understand Drupal conceptually? What are the costs of not doing so?
- How should our understanding of Drupal influence how we use it?
- How can we best make use of Drupal?
- How can I determine my content structure, independent of Drupal or any CMS?
- How can/should I structure my content within Drupal?
- When should I create a new entity type? Do I really need another entity type?
- What fields/widgets should I be using to store my data?
- How can I be proactive with my Drupal project?
Of course, bad jokes and memes will be included free of charge.