Building sites with Composer
There are many ways to install Drupal, there's a zip file, a tar file, Drush, Drupal Console, cloning the git repository, and now... Composer.
This session will:
- Introduce Composer
- Demo and discuss a few different ways to install Drupal with Composer
- Explain the difference between drupal/drupal and drupal/core
- Demo and discuss installing contrib modules with Composer
- Demo and discuss contrib modules with Composer dependencies
- Discuss installing custom modules with Composer
- Look at other Drupal related items that can use Composer, such as themes and Drush.
This session will not:
- Need any code to be written
- Use the Composer Manager module
Aimed at site builders "Building sites with Composer" will look at strictly that. It is aimed at the more advanced site builder because of the command line nature of Composer, those familiar with Drush will be fine!About the presenter
Tim Millwood (aka timmillwood) has been working with Drupal since 2008, he is the core maintainer of the statistics module, and contributor to many contrib modules. After working at Mark Boulton Design, and Acquia, Tim is now a Senior Developer for Appnovation working on Composer based builds and content staging solutions.