Digital Transformation using IoT and Drupal | Drupal as a platform for the US Government
Location based Venue Intelligence - An Enhanced Experience for your visitors - Endless useful data for you
We are in the midst of a period of great change. Evolving technology trends have altered the business world and as a result, the marketing function has had to adapt.
Drupal has always excelled when it comes to serveing as a bridge for data coming in, processing it and pushing it out. With Drupal 8 release it becomes more evident to utilize its core features and get the best output from IoT.
IoT opens up a wealth of opportunities to apply technology in new and exciting ways. Our Customers are using indoor proximity technology that enables devices to perform actions when in close proximity to an iBeacon. Here are few reasons why iBeacon shines brighter than GPS or RFID:
- Accuracy: Since iBeacon is a proximity technology, it is extremely accurate indoors.
- Privacy: Because iBeacon are not tracking users everywhere they go, and rather simply logging when they come into range of an iBeacon, users can feel confident that their privacy is preserved.
- Integration: iBeacon is a native Apple technology, so it integrates seamlessly and scales effortlessly with your Apple ecosystem. It works fine on Android systems too.
- Usability: iBeacon use Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Technology, so there's very little impact to the users device and battery life
Following are some of the venues, which can be benefited using this technology:
- Conferences, Exhibitions, Events
- Museums & Galleries
- Parks (Amusement Parks, National Parks etc.)
- Retail Stores and Shopping Malls
- Hotels & Resorts
- Restaurants, Lounges, Clubs, Gyms
- Membership Institutions
Following are some of the features of the system:
- Unified seamless indoor & outdoor Location tracking using GPS, aGPS, Wifi, iBeacon & other tech
- Proximity sensing to POIs
- Indoor Navigation
- Engage visitors in interesting games & activities
- Loyalty & Membership
- 3Ws - When, Where, What about visitors
- Real time & Near Real time big data analytics
- Queue Busting
- Automatic attendance & Registration
- (rich) Messaging
- Engage visitors in intuitive work-flows
- Rich Push Notification
- Targeted content delivery
In this panel discussion, we will talk about:
- How IoT and Drupal work together to deliver Digital Transformation Solutions?
- Current Deployment of the Product with real customers
- The technology behind it.
- Use of iBeacon and other Sensors (Eg. Thermal & Infrared Sensor) to gather large streams of data real time, processing of these data using Big Data and in-memory Analytics and presentation (UI, Work flow, Reports etc) using Drupal.
- Questions and Answers
- Live Demo of IoT and Drupal working together.
In this session we will explore the business factors and decisions that led the United States Department of the Interior (DOI) to choose Drupal and develop and expose an open platform to each of its bureaus. The session will cover how the platform was built and how the very first sites were launched. Topics will include:
Rapid development and migration from an existing platform into the newly developed Drupal platform.
Risk management: Mitigating the risk of launching a premier government website on a new and untested platform.
Proving the ROI of an unproven platform.
Managing scope during the discovery and planning phases and ensuring budget success.