Drupal-Powered Community Building
Like local communities, online communities need places to meet. With the help of Drupal, Opensource.com has become that meeting place for online open source communities. The steadily growing six-year-old site already attracts more than 800,000 page views per month. In this talk, attendees will find out how Opensource.com leverages the power of the open source Drupal CMS to grow its diverse international community of moderators, writers, and readers.
Attendees will learn how Opensource.com:
- uses points and badges to recognize contributions and reward participation
- organizes and streamlines content and workflow
- uses privileges and roles to give community members content control
- gathers user profile data behind the scenes for future rewards and contests (e.g., t-shirt sizes and mailing addresses)
- maximizes search and syndication to build community
Attendees can learn from Opensource.com's community-building experiences, and walk away with practical ideas for building and growing their own communities on top of a Drupal platform.
Attendees should have some experience with Drupal, but even beginners will be able to take away community-building ideas from this talk.