Exploring Drupal 8 Frontend landscape through Polymer
Drupal 8 for the first time brings in the promise of cleanly using Drupal as a backend for multiple frontend frameworks. In this session I’ll go through latest and greatest in Drupal 8 frontend using Polymer as our choice of front end. Polymer by Google is a library of polyfills for developers to use Web components; a new way of writing web applications using re-usable components. These components (implemented as custom html elements) can be re-used inside the same application or can be shared with wider developer community. For a quick overview and usage -- checkout http://qed42.com/blog/web-components-introduction-future-web and for more details and resources visit http://webcomponents.org. This talk is both about Drupal 8 Front end improvements and web components / Polymer, concluding as a demo and code walk through of Polymer based Drupal 8 theme.
Brief Outline of proposed session:
- Web components -- Why?
- Web components and Polymer
- Examples of Custom elements
- Web component Major specs
- Polymer universe
- Material Design
- Drupal 8 Frontend Overview
- How Drupal 8 Makes using Polymer (or X) easy and elegant
- Drupal 8 and Polymer Demo
- Integrating Polymer
- Paper Elements + Material Design
- Custom Elements
- Tool chain for modern Frontend Development