Web Accessibility 101: Principles, Concepts, and Financial Viability
If your website wouldn't work for anyone living in the state of New York, would that be a launch-blocker? Of course! So why are we ignoring the even larger population of people with disabilities?
Designed for developers, project managers, and directors alike, the goal of this code-free session is to introduce everyone to the fundamental principals and business related factors of web accessibility.
Together we'll explore the findings from data gathered at DrupalCon LA regarding accessibility in our very own Drupal community and examine the financial viability of a web accessibility initiative in an industry where time is money.
Based on my experience as a web accessibility specialist from both the perspective of a project manager and a front-end developer, I'll share the knowledge I've gained with you to address the following important questions:
- What is web accessibility?
- Why does web accessibility matter to my users?
- Why does web accessibility matter for my company and clients?
- How will a web accessibility initiative affect my bottom line?
- How can I include web accessibility in my company's culture and work plans?
- What tools can I use to assess and improve accessibility in my projects?
- How can I help the web accessibility community?