This page is a listing of the many resources available for speakers presenting at DrupalCon.
Speaker Presentation Templates
Speakers can download various formats of our branded slide decks from this folder.
Speakers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks. We encourage speakers wishing to present audio/video files or demos to store these files locally on your laptop, rather than relying on an internet connection, which can sometimes fail.
What to Bring
- Your laptop, with session slides loaded (it doesn't hurt to bring a backup USB)
- Your laptop's power adapter
- A 120 volt power adapter if you are visiting from outside North America
- HDMI cable will be at the podium for connection to your Laptop. You should bring the HDMI adaptor that is compatible with your laptop. In some cases, your laptop might already have an HDMI port and you don’t need an adapter. It’s ideal if the adaptor ends with a female HMDI connector - but if you bring one with a male connector, we can provide a coupler to accommodate it but please let us know in advance.
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What We'll Provide
- 1 presenter's podium with wired mic
- 1 wired audience mic on stand
- 1 switcher at head table for up to 4 laptop inputs to projector
- 1 projector at 16:9 ratio (768 x 1280 pixels)
- 1 audio jack for laptop audio at podium
- 1 screen - sizes vary per room
- Recording equipment to capture your slides and presentation audio
- Jay, from our archiving team, to help get your laptop setup on our recording equipment. Please arrive early so he has time to help everyone!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long are sessions?
General sessions are 60 minutes and should include 10-15 minutes for audience Q+A. Some sessions may run at 15 minute and 30 minute increments so check the track description.
How are speakers compensated?
One speaker per session will receive a ticket to attend DrupalCon. Additional speakers will receive a code for early-bird ticket pricing.
Since revenue from DrupalCon is used to fund the Drupal project and Drupal.org initiatives we are unable to provide for speaker's travel expenses or offer a speaker fee. We do, however, offer grants and scholarships which speakers who need financial assistance to attend the event are encouraged to apply for before February 29.
Is there a special room for speakers to prepare to speak?
Yes! We are providing a speaker room for speakers to relax, grab a coffee, and mentally prepare to present.
We record your session audio and slides and post the resulting video to your session node (generally within a few hours of delivery.) Your video will also be posted to the Drupal Association's YouTube channel. For details, view our Media Policy.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.