We are working on making Drupal 8 truly API-first: API-first initative.
- Improving Drupal 8's REST API, to become usable (by 8.2.0) and then best-in-class (by 8.3.0).
- Bringing JSON API support to Drupal 8 core (experimental in 8.3.0).
- … and there's so much more we'd like to see happen, such as: GraphQL, OAuth 2, UUID/revision support, CouchDB support.
In doing so, we need:
- frustrations! to hear where Drupal 8's REST support in core (and contrib) is currently failing, in terms of DX, capabilities, and so on.
- roadmap feedback. (We need to hear what you think is important and why.)
- help! We can provide mentoring: if you help out with patches, we'll provide reviews to help you land things in core!
At this core conversation:
- We'll start with a succinct overview of what's going on, what has happened so far, and our long-term ambitions. Then we'll open the floor for discussion! When necessary, we'll explain subjects in more detail.
- You don't need to be an expert in anything, just rudimentary knowledge about web services is sufficient.
- You'll walk away knowing what's happening in the API-first initiative, and will hear about other attendees' concerns/thoughts/requirements/….