To CDN and beyond! Speed up websites beyond the US and Europe
Us web geeks strive for one thing when it comes to performance: fast and reliable websites all the time, everywhere.
No matter if you are connected via mobile networks or your super fast 1 GB/s fiber connection, when it comes to performance, it's easy to measure and optimize for one country. But what if your user base is global? How do you ensure speed across the globe?
For starters, global means more than just Europe and the States.
Sure you can get along fine using well known CDN solutions that work across the Americas and Europe, but if you need to enter global markets like China, your requirements get infinitely more complicated.
In this session I’ll cover:
- International vendors and what your options are
- How other countries work in terms of peering and pricing policy
- How to get a server in China (and why you need your customer for that)
- The different CDN approaches which play nice with Drupal
Attend this session if:
- You want to get your sites up to speed in different countries
- You already know how to use CDNs but still think “there must be more”
- You want know which hoops you need to jump through to host your site in a restrictive internet environment