Launching online stores with Commerce 2.x on Drupal 8
In this session we present the history, architecture, and features of Drupal Commerce 2.x on Drupal 8. We will highlight specifically the things we've benefited from as we've helped launch stores with it by DrupalCon Dublin.
Commerce 2.x development began with a code sprint in July 2014. We first released a handful of standalone PHP libraries (e.g. for currency formatting and addressing) and then created modules that make use of them, such as the new Address module. Finally, we rebuilt Drupal Commerce itself from the ground up, taking full advantage of Drupal 8's new features -- and even improving them in turn!
Come learn how we've engineered Commerce 2.x to make it simpler to solve some of the hardest parts of eCommerce. You do not need prior experience with Drupal Commerce to attend, but some familiarity with Drupal 8 and common challenges in eCommerce will help you get the most out of the material.
We will include both instruction and demonstration of topics including:
- Installing Drupal Commerce and its dependencies
- Creating and configuring one or multiple stores
- Full support for currency and address formatting
- Adding product pages and their variants
- Customizing Add to Cart forms and Line Items
- Configuring the redesigned Checkout form
- Managing Payment methods and their new UI
- Managing Orders and their workflows
We'll close with an overview of the roadmap and status of the contributed module ecosystem. We'll make sure everyone knows how to start contributing to Commerce 2.x - there's always more to do! ; )