Migrating data to Drupal 8
Drupal 8 has a huge power. And one of the modules that give this power is Migrate module. It provides an awesome framework to transfer data from one source to Drupal 8.
Is it difficult to migrate data to Drupal 8? Well, it's not so complicated, but you need to know some concepts pretty clear. In this talk I will explain these concepts:
- Philosophy of Migrate framework
- Migrate framework
- Modules and commands to start your migration.
- Needed plugins and classes to start.
- How to extend your migration framework and contribute to contrib modules with your migrate plugins.
- Tips to speed migrations. What if you need to migrate a million of items?
Migrate has two ways of migrate olders Drupal to Drupal 8. One is by code, and the other one is by migrate_drupal_ui. In this talk I will talk only about migrate by code.
Coding and Development
When & Where
Thursday, 29 September, 2016 - 14:15 to 15:15
Wicklow Hall 2A | Druid