The state of hooking into Drupal
Major portion of drupal development has been about hooks. We have all used them. But there have been talks about replacing the procedural hook system in Drupal with its Object oriented version - Events. We are already on the track and we, as of now, are required to use Events for many things in Drupal 8.
This session will mainly elustrate:
- How hooks work in Drupal.
- How we are on the track of moving from hooks to Events in Drupal 8
- Where we are? What all do we need Events for and where we are still stuck with hooks.
- When to alter and when to fire an event.
- How to create and dispatch an Event from your module.
- How to listen or subscribe to an Event from your custom Event or an event from core.
- How to expose custom hooks in Drupal 8.
Attendees should be familiar with:
- Basic Drupal 8 module development.
- Basic OOP principles and practices.
- Symfony components used in D8.
After attending this session attendees will be able to:
- Create their custom events in Drupal 8
- Subscribe to the events from core and other modules and to their custom events too.
- Will have a knowledge of where to explore the events and where we have to still use hooks.
When & Where
Tuesday, 27 September, 2016 - 13:00 to 14:00
Ecocem Room | Sucuri.net