Coding with Rules for Drupal 8
The #d8rules initiative is working on porting the Rules module to Drupal 8. In this session fago, klausi & dasjo will work with you to get started with writing events, conditions and actions for Rules in Drupal 8.
The session will be a great case study for people familiar with basic Drupal development concepts eager to jump into developing for Drupal 8. As Rules tries to leverage best-practices as much as possible, it is a great starting point to learn all the new things.
Beside an update on the latest development status, we’ll introduce you to the following topics:
- Applying new architectural patterns in Drupal 8
- Understanding the Core Plug-in & Context systems
- Typed Data API basics
- Writing Rules action & conditions plugins
- Related configuration entities and YAML files
- Embedding reusable components in your modules!
Disclaimer: Rules 8.x is still in its early phase and does not have a stable release yet.