Expose Drupal with RESTful
Slides are available here.
Check out the demo code at http://lb.cm/restful-dcon
The RESTful module aims to interact with your Drupal content in a comprehensive and practical way, respecting the RESTful principles and built with the real world use cases in mind. This session will cover the essentials on how to build a resource, but also some additional topics that are usually not covered by other API generation tools:
- Using view modes to set up your resource.
- Controlling access to your API via configurable rate limits. Origin based access control.
- Comprehensive render cache for your outputs.
- Standard error handling.
- API discovery and pre-flight requests.
- In this session I will also explain the importance of an API design that is completely technology agnostic, and how that will help your team to be more efficient and able to cope with changes better. In this section I will place the focus on the content model and not the app.
- This is a link to the Drupalize.Me podcast with some more details on the RESTful module: https://www.lullabot.com/blog/podcasts/drupalizeme-podcast/55-restful-module