15+ Ways to Debug Drupal 8 (for Front-Enders)
Learning Drupal 8 has presented some challenges for front-end developers. While Twig is extremely easy to use, getting the data you need into your template and manipulating that data once they are available can be a challenge. Collecting and evaluating every tool or trick that is suggested in the blogosphere can be intimidating and time-consuming. Luckily, I've done it for you.
This session will cover:
- Understanding composer
- Finding and tailing error logs
- Lesser-known browser tricks
- Interactive debugging with an IDE
- Twig-specific debugging and variable inspection techniques
- Setting up your local environment for debugging
- Getting started with Drupal Console
- Drupal modules that can help with development
- and more!
Each of the 15+ techniques will be shown through video demonstration and references will be provided. I will be explicit about appropriate use-cases and any dependencies. This session is designed with front-end developers in mind but all are welcome.
This session will be an updated version of my presentations at Drupal 8 Day, SANDcamp 2017, and Stanford Drupal Camp 2017.