Back to the Basics: Best Practices for Front End Developers
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the developer buzzwords that are constantly being thrown around and talked about. At the end of the day, no matter what library or framework helps you finish the project, it’s important to remember the basics.
We often forget, it’s the client’s happiness and their ability to carry on with their project after we step away that matters most. So how can we do our very best work so that our client’s are receiving a top notch website and not just a site filled with the latest and greatest libraries & frameworks.
It’s easy - we get back to the basics.
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Responsive, browser-friendly code
- Version control the entire team can use
- Excessive testing
- Client-editable content wherever possible
- Easy to manage deployment & devops process
- Maintainable code after deployment
- Documentation, documentation & more documentation
We all know that these things are important, but how do we do all of these things and still stay within the project budget? By creating best practices that you can follow over and over again.