Beyond Websites: Using Drupal For Digital Signs
Traditionally when people talk about Drupal as a tool they immediately think websites. However as Dries demonstrated during DrupalCon New Orleans 2016, Drupal 8 can power experiences beyond the traditional web. As more data rich APIs become available, Drupal can be used to accumulate data, identify a variety of devices in an Internet of Things network, and then route data to the appropriate places. More, Drupal’s own rich content management capabilities can still be utilized to enhance this datastream, making it that much more relevant based on location, language, or a myriad of other metadata stored in the CMS. In this presentation we will demonstrate how to use Drupal 8 to power a real-time signage system and discuss the techniques you need to build your own!
- Responsive Techniques to support different display sizes.
- ADA rules around public signage. We’re not just talking WCAG/508 anymore!
- How to rebroadcast data from other sources.
- Data Delivery Methods: Push and Pull models.
- Sizing and Scaling your network of Signs.
- Fault tolerance on your Kiosk.
- Why even use Drupal to power a sign?
- Developers looking for some pointers on how to build signage and kiosk based solutions.
- Architects considering ways to design and implement signs.
- CIO’s and Marketing executives curious about how Drupal can be used to create new digital experiences.