Mastering Drupal 8 Views
Build complex displays of content—all without programming.
Views was used on more than 80% of all Drupal 7 sites; now it is part of the Drupal 8 core.
Join in a father/daughter discussion about Views.
- Learn how to take full advantage of Views' power to create many amazing pages and blocks.
- Use filters to display only a relevant subset of your data.
- Instead of building 10 different view displays with different filters, learn how a contextual filter would require only a single display.
- Use relationships to combine data from several entities.
- Using contributed modules, Views can turn your data into maps, carousels, and other unique displays.
In this session, we'll start by clarifying termininology.
Then we'll modify a view built into core that everyone uses, the content page to create a custom content editor dashboard.
From there, we'll build our own simple what's new content list.
Next we'll expand and extend that list to create more complex displays, including maps and carousels.
Finally we'll look at ways to make Views display exactly what you want in the format you want it.
What You Will Learn
- Create displays of content that are automatically updated when you add new content
- Show maps and rotating image carousels on your site
- Use fields from more than one content type to create powerful views of multi-table data
- Modify the field data being displayed, combining it in different ways or changing the HTML that might be normally generated
- Add headers and footers above and below a views display
- Make the output of your view look exactly like the designer specifies
- Change the order in which a list of content is displayed, limit the content shown to only certain content types or values
- Filter content using values passed to the view in the URL, making a single view work different ways