Scaling Drupal's Object Caching: Taking LCache from Proof to Production
Since Dublin, we've continued working on multi-layer, coherent caching for Drupal with the LCache project. Specifically, we've tested it more extensively and even deployed it to production sites. This has yielded both promising results and more challenges to overcome.
In this presentation, we will cover:
- The state of Drupal 7 and 8 support on Pantheon and for custom infrastructure
- The dangerous ways some modules use Drupal's cache API
- How APCu can lock up sites when juggling the right mix of data
- Benchmarks and stress results for alternatives to APCu: local memcached, Redis, and SQLite
- Introducing PHP UC: A modern alternative to APCu