Open Source Drupal Development is a specialty and so is Drupal Project Management. What can you do to ensure your next Drupal project is a huge success for your organizaton?
Join senior FFW staff as they share their experience working with some of the largest and most complex projects ever built and help you understand and implement best practices at every stage of your project.
'Awesome Drupal Project Management' is designed to help organization project managers, product owners, decision makers and stakeholders understand how Drupal differs from other systems and what you need to do differently to get the most out of Drupal.
This class discusses the various stages of Drupal project development from planning to maintenance and gives you practical guidance on how you can support your team to deliver the best possible outcomes at each stage.
In this full day class you’ll learn:
- how open source projects like Drupal differ from projects that use proprietary systems
- basic Drupal application concepts and Drupal terminology
- the full role of the Drupal Project Manager
- project management methodologies and tools
- phases of a Drupal project
- implementing a through discovery process
- creating better design and UX through effective content audits and strategy
- how to build project work plans including SOWs, communication plans, quality assurance and user acceptance plans
- how to assess project estimates
- how to align your project plan with development best practices
- development workflow and coding standards
- how to plan and design Drupal training programs for developers and end users
- how to hire Drupal talent
- how Drupal 7 and 8 compare and what the significance is for project managers and decision makers
This class has been delivered online and at multiple Drupal Camps in the US over several years and is regularly updated.
The goal of this class is to help everyone who works on a Drupal project walk away happy and enthusiastic about starting their next Drupal project. We believe that is only possible when the role of the Drupal project manager is fully understood and embraced.
The class is broken into four sectons:
Section 1: What's a Drupal and why should I care?
Secton 2: Development phases of project management methodologies
Section 3: Best Practices and Pitfalls
Section 4: Enjoying the Journey - How it all comes together
Project managers, product owners, decision makers and stakeholders from all sizes of organizations who need to understand overall project management practice, how Drupal differs from other systems and what they need to do differently will get the most out of this Drupal training. This training will also help developers, technical leads and small to medium Drupal development shop staff understand how to support successful projects.
There are no specific requirements or prerequisites for this course. A laptop and to visit provided links and sandbox sites is helpful but not required.