Build & Launch Tools: Automating best practices for enterprise sites
Using best practices for development is important, especially for enterprise sites that "can't fail". But implementing processes like automated testing and continuous integration can be difficult. Accelerate the process by using a toolkit that is designed to give you these things out-of-the-box.
Learn how to increase the reliability, quality, and speed of your development cycles using the open-sourced Build & Launch Tools, BLT. You will walk away being able to quickly automate the code assembly, building, testing, and deployment of your Drupal 8 applications.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Create a new BLT-powered Drupal 8 site
- Quickly spin up a Drupal VM
- Automate the local install process
- Validate your custom code (linting and sniffing)
- Execute Behat and PHPUnit tests
- Generate a sanitized deployment artifact
This session is for technical folk who are comfortable or interested in using the command line.