Industry Summits and Trainings will take place on Thursday, 8 June as full day sessions from 9:00 - 16:00, with a 1 hour lunch break at 12:00.
** Note that summits and training courses are scheduled during the same time frames, so you may only attend one summit or one training.
Add-on ticket price: $250
DrupalCon industry summits give you the opportunity to learn and collaborate with Drupal community members in similar fields or with similar interests. Summits are full day sessions scheduled when there are no general conference sessions happening, so you won’t miss anything from the main event. For an additional charge, Industry Summit can be purchased as an add on to your main ticket.
Government Industry Summit
Are you a federal, state, or local government employee? Or, a private sector employee supporting government? This summit is for you! Gov Summit attendees range from project managers and content editors to full-stack devs; and we want to make sure there’s something for everyone! We have speakers talking on the best approaches to digitizing forms, effective multilingual implementation, and best practices for Drupal developers in the government sector.
All are welcome to attend regardless of whether you participate hands on or following along with others. Meet Drupalers from all different skill levels, from beginner through expert, in a variety of roles -- site builders, developers, themers, project managers, support specialists, etc. If you are running up against a challenge or obstacle getting something approved or completing a task, there’s a good chance others are too, and can offer advice or act as a sounding board to discuss potential solutions! Let’s meet up and share our collective expertise!
Sponsored by: Palantir.net, Platform.sh, Promet Source
Higher Education Industry Summit
The Higher Education Summit is your chance to connect with other Drupal users from universities and colleges, including web developers, content creators, designers, strategists and managers. You’ll get to learn and collaborate with your Higher Ed peers on Drupal best practices and adopting complementary technologies into your organization’s workflow.
The summit format is designed to be relaxed and informal, facilitating open discussions, sharing experiences and socializing with new colleagues. While you’ll get to hear from experts in the summit keynote and curated talks, you’ll also have the opportunity to dive deeper into the unique requirements of the Higher Ed sector through small group discussions and facilitated roundtable workshops. Whether you’re a seasoned Drupal user or evaluating Drupal for the first time, the DrupalCon Higher Ed Summit is an ideal opportunity to broaden your knowledge and connections.
Sponsored by: Aten Design Group, Evolving Web, Pantheon, Platform.sh
The community summit is open to anyone with a ticket to DrupalCon at no additional cost! You can find more information about the Community Summit on the details page linked below.
Add-on ticket price: $500
Intro to Drupal: Level 1 Workshop with Evolving Web
Learn to harness the flexibility of Drupal. Gain the knowledge and confidence you need to customize the look and feel of your website. Plus, discover exciting new D10 features including the StarterKit theme.
You will learn:
- Get Familiar With Drupal
- How to Customize Your Drupal site
- Extra Tips and Tricks
What you’ll take away?
- Experience creating your first Drupal website
- The skills to confidently customize the look and feel of your Drupal site
- Actionable tips and best practices to optimize your content and processes
- A fundamental understanding of Drupal that’ll help you get the most from your website and collaborate better with designers and developers
Who should attend?
- People who are new to Drupal or need a refresher.
- Content editors and content managers who’d like to do more and collaborate better.
- Site builders who want to expand and update their knowledge of Drupal.
- A laptop with Drupal installed locally or in Gitpod (we can provide instructions.)
- No previous Drupal experience is needed (although it won’t hurt!)
- Knowledge of CSS/Twig will help you in the afternoon portion, but it’s not required.
Introduction to Drupal module development with DrupalEasy
Module development for Drupal is more powerful than ever with Drupal 10. Object-orientation, the maturity of Drupal's various APIs, Drupal's underlying Symfony (and other) components, and the emergence of Drush's "generate" command means that developing for Drupal is more powerful than ever. This workshop is designed to introduce existing Drupal developers as well as (non-Drupal) PHP developers to some of the techniques and concepts for Drupal module development. The workshop includes an overview of some of the main concepts and tools as well as several hands-on module development exercises designed to build knowledge and confidence.
- PHP developers and new Drupal developers with some experience with PHP
- Exposure to the command-line interface
- Exposure to Git
- Exposure to working in a local *AMP development environment.
Advanced Drupal front-end development with Andy Blum
Drupal’s theme system allows theme developers to have nearly complete control over the appearance of the site, including the markup, content, styles, and interactivity. In this training we’ll explore some of the powers Drupal front-end developers wield and work with real-life examples of how they’re used. Learn advanced techniques to impact the client side presentation of your Drupal sites
- This session is for developers that want to expand their theme-building skills to create beautiful custom user interfaces.
- While the techniques we'll be covering are advanced, they will be taught from a low-level starting point. Attendees should have at least a basic familiarity with the languages used in Drupal to get the most out of this session (PHP, HTML, Twig, CSS, JS, YAML).