Industry Summits and Trainings will take place on Thursday, 9 May as full day sessions from 9:00 - 16:00, with a 1 hour lunch break at 12:00.
** Note that summits and training courses are scheduled during the same time frames, so you may only attend one summit or one training.
DrupalCon industry summits give you the opportunity to learn and collaborate with Drupal community members in similar fields or with similar interests. Summits are full day sessions scheduled when there are no general conference sessions happening, so you won’t miss anything from the main event. For an additional charge, Industry Summit can be purchased as an add on to your main ticket.
GOVERNMENT INDUSTRY SUMMIT
Are you a federal, state, or local government employee? Or, a private sector employee supporting government? This summit is for you! Government Summit attendees range from project managers and content editors to full-stack devs; and we want to make sure there’s something for everyone! We have speakers talking on the best approaches to digitizing forms, effective multilingual implementation, and best practices for Drupal developers in the government sector.
All are welcome to attend regardless of whether you participate hands on or following along with others. Meet Drupalers from all different skill levels, from beginner through expert, in a variety of roles—site builders, developers, themers, project managers, support specialists, etc. If you are running up against a challenge or obstacle getting something approved or completing a task, there’s a good chance others are too, and can offer advice or act as a sounding board to discuss potential solutions! Let’s meet up and share our collective expertise!
Sponsored by: Promet Source
HIGHER EDUCATION INDUSTRY SUMMIT
The Higher Education Summit is your chance to connect with other Drupal users from universities and colleges, including web developers, content creators, designers, strategists and managers. You’ll get to learn and collaborate with your Higher Education peers on Drupal best practices and adopting complementary technologies into your organization’s workflow.
The summit format is designed to be relaxed and informal, facilitating open discussions, sharing experiences and socializing with new colleagues. While you’ll get to hear from experts in the summit keynote and curated talks, you’ll also have the opportunity to dive deeper into the unique requirements of the Higher Education sector through small group discussions and facilitated roundtable workshops. Whether you’re a seasoned Drupal user or evaluating Drupal for the first time, the DrupalCon Higher Education Summit is an ideal opportunity to broaden your knowledge and connections.
NONPROFIT INDUSTRY SUMMIT
It’s back! The Nonprofit Summit is your chance to connect with other Drupal users from the Nonprofit sector. Join us for a day of discovery, collaboration, and inspiration as we collectively unlock the full potential of Drupal for social good. Facilitated discussions, round table group sessions, and an opportunity to learn and inspire one another are just a few of the features we plan to bring to the summit this year.
The network of nonprofits in the Drupal Community is strong and vibrant and has been a joy to work with and learn from. Judging by the extraordinary talent represented by its organizers, Jess Snyder and Johanna Bates, the Nonprofit Summit will be a dynamic and inspiring one-day event bringing together passionate professionals from the nonprofit sector to delve into the transformative potential of Drupal.
HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY SUMMIT
Healthcare is a complex, regulation-filled industry that poses great challenges to building vibrant and compliant digital experiences for patients. Whether you are a pharma working towards the next product, a hospital treating someone with cancer, or an insurance company making sure a patient has access to information and proper care, there is much for you to gain from this summit.
Hear from experts on areas of accessibility, compliant patient experiences, new regulations and standards that can affect your teams and customers, success stories, and much more.
The community summit is open to anyone with a ticket to DrupalCon at no additional cost! More details on the schedule for the Community Summit are coming soon.
Drupal Module Development with DrupalEasy
You will learn:
- An understanding of the basic concepts that comprise Drupal module development.
- An understanding of the basic tools that can be used to create Drupal modules including a code editor and Drupal Console.
- How to create a simple "Hello, world" custom module.
- How to create an "HTML5 Audio" module that provides a custom field formatter for fields of type "link".
- How to create a "User blocker" module that provides a mechanism for privileged users to block site users by username.
What you'll take away:
- Confidence in using Drush's "generate" command to assist you in creating Drupal modules involving routes, controllers, Form API, plugins, custom permissions, and hook implementations.
Who should attend?
- PHP developers and new Drupal developers with some experience with PHP, the command-line interface, Git, and working in a local *AMP development environment.
- Some experience with PHP.
- Some familiarity with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience working in the command-line interface.
- Experience working in a local *AMP development environment (DDEV, Lando, or similar preferred).
- Experience with a code editor.
- Existing knowledge of Drupal APIs is helpful but not necessary.
- An up-and-running local *AMP stack (DDEV, Lando, or similar preferred) with a fresh Drupal 10 install.
Drupal Theming with SDC and TailwindCSS with Evolving Web
You will learn:
- Creating a new custom theme using Drupal 10's Starterkit theme generator
- An understanding of what is SDC and how to work with it
- How to use TailwindCSS in your Drupal theme
- How does TailwindCSS works
- Learn how to add and configure Tailwind CSS in your theme Extra Tips and Tricks
- The possibilities and limits of working with SDC and Tailwind.
- Best practices for implementing Tailwind CSS in your themes.
What you'll take away:
- Experience creating your first Drupal website based on components
- Theming techniques that will enable consistent components
- Actionable tips and best practices to optimize your content and processes
- A fundamental understanding of Drupal that’ll help you get the most from your website and collaborate better with designers and developers
Who should attend?:
- Site builders who want to expand and update their knowledge of Drupal.
- Frontend developers who want to get the gist of how to implement modern frontend techniques into their Drupal websites.
- A laptop with Drupal installed locally or in Gitpod (we will provide instructions).
- Drupal site building experience.
- Basic knowledge of Twig and CSS is recommended.
Introduction to Building Sites with Drupal with Debug Academy
You will learn:
Implementation of data architecture (via Drupal 10+ content types)
When & how to create taxonomies, media types, block types, and more!
Extending Drupal Core's basic functionality by enabling additional modules
Building dynamic views of content
Various approaches for page building
Creating various user roles and accounts with differing levels of access
What you’ll take away:
- An understanding of how sites are built with Drupal
- Exposure to Drupal's developer interface
- Understand why Drupal is a great choice for building websites
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people fitting at least one of the following criteria:
Non-Drupal developers at any level of experience. Yes, ANY level!
People looking to better communicate with Drupal developers, such as project managers or content editors
Anyone considering a career change into the web development field
People interested in learning how to manage more than just content on their Drupal websites
- Simply knowing how to use a web browser will suffice!